It is important to make sure that there is a good fit between the needs of the individual or family and the services offered at the Aulneau Renewal Centre.  Please note that:

  • Aulneau does not provide immediate crisis services
  • Aulneau does not provide long-term therapy services. Our typical client receives a maximum of 12, 1 hour sessions.


For other agencies offering crisis counselling services and long-term therapy services, we suggest you consult the following resource:


If you require immediate crisis counselling services please phone:

  • Klinic 24 Hour Crisis Line: 204 786-8686
  • Mobile Crisis Unit: 204 940-1781 for adults
  • Youth Emergency Crisis Stabilization System: 204 949-4777 for children and youth


Please note that clients will not be accepted by Aulneau in the following situations.

  • Situations where the client or client’s parents/guardian are involved in divorce or separation proceedings.
  • Severe mental health issues that require medical follow-up and long-term support. We do not have psychiatric consultation.

Making A Self-Referral or Referring Your Child

When an individual or family arrives at the decision to seek counselling services at Aulneau Renewal Centre there are general steps that are followed:

  • Please go to our page Register for Counselling to access our on-line Intake forms. Alternatively you can download a PDF version of Intake A Form can be printed and returned to us by mail, fax, or email.
  • Upon receipt of a completed intake form, our intake staff will determine if we would be able to provide appropriate services to you.
  • We will make two attempts to contact you. If there is no response within five business days, we will assume you are no longer interested and your application will be closed.

During our initial contact, we will:

  • Confirm acceptance for services or suggest that you investigate more appropriate organizations.
  • Inform you of the fee assessment according to our insurance coverage policies and an income-based sliding scale schedule based on household income and number of dependents.
  • Request a Notice of Assessment from Canada Revenue Agency for the most recent tax year.
  • Provide details on the approximate length of the wait and when you can expect your counsellor to be in touch with you to set up an appointment.


Prior to your first appointment all clients must:

  • Complete Part B of the Intake Form.  It can be completed manually and brought to the first appointment or you can come 30 minutes prior to the first appointment to complete the form in-person.
  • Provide a copy of their latest Notice of Assessment from CRA.
  • Review and sign the Consent to Participate form.  Please bring this to your first appointment.
  • If divorced parents of a referred child have joint custody , the referring parent needs to obtain written permission from the other custodial parent.