October 10, 2018 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
Canad Inns Transcona - 826 Regent Ave. West
Facilitator: Kim Barthel, BMR, OTR
Download Brochure: Attachment Theory and The Teenage Stage, A workshop for Parents
Do you have a teenager who is always on the phone? Do they answer I’m ok every day when you ask them how they are? Do they avoid sitting at the dinner table with you?
This workshop will focus on strategies to enhance connection between caregiver and teen and will focus on healthy communication and healthy relationships. Therapist Kim Barthel will focus on assisting parents, foster parents, grandparents and other caregivers with understanding attachment strategies.
This is your opportunity to ask the questions you want for your family and get the answers you need!
- Introduction to attachment
- Why teens disconnect from caregivers
- Understanding attachment from a teen’s perspective
- Taking care of the mental health of your teen and yourself
- Creating healthy environments
- Reframing challenging behaviours
- Attachment strategies
- Case consultation question and answer sessions
Babysitting provided. Light lunch provided.