November 21, 2018 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Aulneau Renewal Centre - 228 Hamel
|Standard - SEF - Nov 21, 2018||$225|
Facilitator: Angela Taylor
Download Brochure: SEF – For Service Providers
Supporting families with children with disabilities and complex needs is not easy. Creating a meaningful connection to caregivers and their children, through a family-centered lens, engaging with understanding, compassion and a therapeutic rapport is essential for family well-being. Join Angela Taylor, former child in care labeled with complex needs, caregiver of children with exceptional needs, and founder of Inspire Community Outreach for this educational opportunity. Angela uses humor and storytelling to engage her audience.
1) Understanding the hidden reality of families that include children with disabilities and/or complex needs.
2) Reframing neurological, cognitive, and psychological disabilities to invite understanding and celebration of neurodiversity and differences
3) Working within limited resources to maximize connection and well-being for families.
4) Family engagement and inclusive support, adapted for and by families who have children with disabilities.
5) Building on strengths, sharing strategies, tools and resources to support continued growth and learning.
This support is created for service providers, including therapists, social workers, and other professionals, to learn strategies for enhancing family engagement practices and increasing confidence within yourself and your team.