We are not accepting applications at this time. More information on application opportunity will be available in the coming weeks.
Parent Coaches work with parents and their children primarily in their homes, to improve attachment relationships and develop effective parenting skills and home management skills. Coaches provide hands-on, structured opportunities for parents to practice new skills in their home setting and help organize their homes and routines to better cope with the demands of parenting and the systems they are involved with.
The Sliding Scale Parent Coaching Program is designed for sliding scale participants only. All individuals and families involved with CFS need to contact their case worker to access these services. Please note that Parent Coaches do not offer counselling. Should you wish for counselling related support, please visit the counselling tabs on the website.
These parent coaching services are available to parents within the city of Winnipeg and Steinbach for up to 12 sessions.
A Parent Coach can:
- Help parents identify ways of improving their relationship with their children
- Teach parents skills for helping their children regulate their emotions
- Access community resources and services
- Provide advocacy
- Collaborate with other professionals
- Help develop routines
- Help set appropriate boundaries
- Support in organizing household duties
- Teach household management skills
- Help with improving coping skills and practicing selfcare